Monday, April 25, 2011

Adore Adele

About a week ago, I was strolling Barnes & Noble. On the store's radio was none other than the uber-talented Adele. They were playing her whole new CD, song after song. Each track I fell more in love.

I only lately discovered Adele. I had heard her songs on the radio, and I'm certain you make too- the powerful "Rolling In The Rich" in particular- but I didn't recognize who the singer was behind them.

But once I launch out, I wanted to learn more.

So backward to Barnes & Noble. After hearing her voice while studying the magazine racks I rapidly made a beeline for the music section. There I found her start and second albums- titled 19 and 21, respectively. I scarcely ever buy CDs anymore- the final one I purchased wasKaleidoscope Heart, from my other musical girl crush Sara Bareilles, and I only bought that to get early access to concert tickets. No matter, I picked up both of Adele's CDs. I had to give them immediately.

Since then I have been listening to 21 on repeat. I can't get enough. I'm a little obsessed but I'm OK with that. Her part is just amazing. No tricks, no gimmicks, just pure artistry and emotion. I know that. My favorite song by far is "Turning Tables." (Though "Someone Like You" comes in at a really close second. Adele's voice is beautiful but the pianoforte is, too. Man, I wish I could play. Still, I know to talk it and I'm sure my family heard me belting it out from my room this weekend. Oh, Adele- you have me happy.

If you haven't heard the British songstress yet, I encourage you to hold a listen. You may just come in love too. May I suggest this wonderful live adaptation of "Turning Tables" as your introduction?


Or this interpretation of "Somebody Like You" at the 2011 BRIT Awards? (Side note: I am loving her makeup here. So pretty!)




Do you adore Adele too? Have you launch a new artist that you simply can't get plenty of? I'd love to hear!


Album cover via Adele's official website

No comments:

Post a Comment