Sunday, February 20, 2011

Adele Music Information: Adele Quotes - GreatPersonalities

You are here: Home Ad Adele
Adele Quotes

English singer songwriter

Adele Laurie Blue Adkins is known professionally as Adele. She was the first recipient of the BRIT Awards Critics' Choice and was named the number-one predicted breakthrough act of 2008 in an annual BBC poll of music critics, Sound of 2008. She is a multi-Grammy Awards nominee who has won two awards, Best New Artist and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance in 2009.

Adele InfoBirth nameAdele Laurie Blue AdkinsDate of BirthMay 5, 1988OccupationsSinger, songwriterGenresSoul, Neo Soul, BluesYears active2006-presentLabelsXL, ColumbiaOriginTottenham, London, EnglandJoin discussions about Adele -

He got me interested in film and literature and food and wine and travelling and politics and history, and those were things I was never, ever interested in. I was concerned in going clubbing and getting drunk.nbsp;
- Adele saying her new album 21 is based on real life experiences / February 23, 2011
It broke my heart when I wrote this record, so the fact that people are taking it to their hearts is like the best way to recover. 'Cause I'm still not fully recovered. It's going to take me ten days to recover, I think, from the way I feel about my near relationship. It was the biggest deal in my entire life to date. He made me totally hungry. He was older, he was successful in his own right, whereas my boyfriends before were my age and not really doing much.nbsp;
- Adele about her new album 21 / February 23, 2011
I had to bear the brunt of negative attitudes from authority figures, such as teachers, who led me to believe that success was unrealistic. So I chose to survive rather than be in a fantasy world. I'm not, and never have been, very academic - it was always music for me. I remember when I was 10, I nicked my mum's Lauryn Hill album and listened to it every day after schooling in my bedroom, sitting on my little sofa bed and hoping to God that one day I'd be a singer.nbsp;
- Adele struggled at school / February 20, 2011
Even though I'm very bitter and regret some parts of it, he's still the most important person that's ever been in my life,nbsp;
- Adele saying majority of her forthcoming album 21 is about a fellow who broke her heart / February 19, 2011
I think people think I'm like, sort of a manic-depressive. I think they think I'm very sombre and very moody and take myself very seriously, but I suppose that's just because of the kind of records I write. I'm no more depressed than any other 21 or 22 year-old girl when someone leaves them, you know?
- Adele saying people think she is depressed based on the subject of her music / February 19, 2011

The other day I was up north (Northern England) and there were these - well, I don`t believe they were fans actually, they were like eBayers. I`d be at the venue, they`d be there. I`d leave the venue and they`d be there. Then they started taking pictures of my dog doing a s**t and stuff like that. It was very weird.nbsp;
- Adele/ February 18, 2011
I`m much more appreciative of her. You don`t see how important your parents are until they`re gone or you drop a lot of time off from them. We`ve ever been friends, but we`re tighter than ever. I can talk to her about anything and not in a mum-daughter way. And she`s the only whole and permanent thing in my spirit which I`ve realised since I`ve been doing what I`ve been doing.nbsp;
- Adele saying she is really nigh to her mother / February 16, 2011
I didn`t acknowledge what a dad was alleged to do because I never had one. I`m certain I will see him again, because now I think we can be friends. I don`t ask him to be a dad now. And I`m still very often in contact with my Welsh family. I`ve got a younger brother on my dad`s side. He`s done better with him.nbsp;
- Adele stopped talking to her mother when she was 10 / February 16, 2011
I last saw him at my grandma`s funeral. I think I was about 15. But I`d cut off contact with him when I was 10 or 11. It`s just disappointing when your own blood can`t keep promises and try to get out of things,nbsp;
- Adele stopped talking to her mother when she was 10 / February 16, 2011

Adele is listed in:
1988 births2000s singers2010s singersBlue-eyed soul singersBRIT Award WinnersEnglish female guitaristsEnglish female singersEnglish jazz singersEnglish people of Welsh descentEnglish soul singersFormer students of the BRIT SchoolGrammy Award WinnersPeople from TottenhamTorch singersWomen in jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment