Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Adele Cancels U.S. Tour Dates to Rest 'Weak' Voice

Adele has canceled her upcoming U.S. tour due to a hemorrhage in her vocal chord, the vocalist and her label announced Tuesday. Set to rush off Oct. 7 in Atlantic City and positioned to cover much of the South and Texas over ten dates, the spell was sold out. In a statement, Columbia Records said Adele's doctors advised her to balance her part for an "extended rest period.

On her website, Adele was a bit more blunt. "My part is feeble and i want to make it back up," she said. "I'm gonna be starting up vocal rehab as shortly as, and begin building my over all stamina in my voice, body and mind."

Riding high following a transcendent performance at the MTV VMAs and enjoying another Hot 100 hit with "Someone Like You" (currently at No. 2), Adele promises to "break the orb out of the park" once she's back on the road. Her full statement:

"singing is literally my life, its my hobbie, my love, my freedom and now my job. I have utterly no option but to recover properly and fully, or i risk damaging my voice forever. i have great authority in believing you recognize how often this upsets me, how badly i hold it and how truly devastated and vexed i am by this. wanting to do something so bad and not being able to is the most frustrating thing as im certain you know! my part is feeble and i want to make it back up. I'm gonna be starting up vocal rehab as shortly as, and begin building my over all stamina in my voice, body and mind. i will be binding and im gonna smash the egg out the commons once im touring again. i apologise from the seat of my heart, sincerely i do. i know its not only disappointing because of the show, but its plane tickets, hotel bookings, birthdays, anniversaries and time wasted. but please have trust in me that this is the sole thing i can do to make sure i can forever sing and always make medicine for you to the better of my ability. truly yours and yours only forever, adele xx"

Vocal issues forced Adele to postpone concert dates earlier this class as well. Details on makeup dates will be released later for the next tour stops:

Oct. 7: Atlantic City, NJ (Borgata Spa & Resort)
Oct. 8: Durham, NC (Durham Performing Arts Center)
Oct. 10: Nashville, TN (Ryman Auditorium)
Oct. 11: Asheville, NC (Thomas Wolfe Auditorium)
Oct. 13: Orlando, FL (Hard Rock Live)
Oct. 14: Miami, FL (Waterfront Theater at American Airlines Arena)
Oct. 16: Atlanta, GA (Fox Theatre)
Oct. 18: Spring, TX (Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion)
Oct. 19: Austin, TX (Frank Erwin Center)
Oct. 21: Grand Prairie, TX (Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie)

No comments:

Post a Comment