Thursday, September 16, 2010

Shimmies, Sequins & Slippers: Burlesque Glamour Shoot

So a few weeks ago I mentioned a burlesque themed photoshoot? Well here are the pics! I was prosperous enough to go with two exceptional photographers, Adele Kloppers (you can hold out more of Adele's photos here) and Alexandra Graham. Alex is a belly dance friend of mine and has her own blog, The Bellydance Blog. Photography is another one of her interests and talents so when she heard I was doing a hit with her friend Adele, she decided to tag along_and I am glad she did!

e guess the photos at a local Cuban restaurant, Buena Vista, and the light was a lot worse than we anticipated. Luckily, Adele`s boyfriend showed up with these heavy-duty industrial lights which protected the day. I have do to understand that there are few flaws good lighting and a little Photoshop can't fix ;I imagined the photos coming out a little more pin-up kitch, but the photoshoot took on a biography of its own and the end result was a little more dark and sultry.which I am actually really pleased with. Different from what I was expecting, but very cool!Below are approximately of my favourites. I wore some of my burlesque costumes and did my own hair and make-up (when I say "did hair" I basically climbed out of bed and attempted to build my bedraggled mop into some sort of recognizable shape with my hands- my hair doesn`t respond easily to hairbrushes!Afterwards I gave Alex a lift home and we ended up having a spontaneous cup of tea together and talking shop (read, "belly dance"). It was so gracious to discuss ideas, costumes, music and of course, share a little bitchy gossip with somebody who dances as well! Later that day I went home and finished my new drum solo (yesssss_finally! All 3.41 mins of it! and so headed out to keep with a friend_and ended up stumbling home at 4am (my boyfriend: "This is a full hour to be coming home!", Me: "Hic!", Him: "Look at you, you are stumbling all over the place!", Me: "Its these heels!", Him: "What heels?! You took them off at the door already!", Me: "Oh_so I did") so all in all I would say it was a moderately successful day! ;-)

Photo by A. Graham
Photo by A. Graham
Photo by A. Graham
Photo by A. GrahamPhoto by A. GrahamPhoto by A. GrahamPhoto by A. Kloppers

No comments:

Post a Comment