Monday, September 6, 2010

Some videos

Maui does some pretty strange behaviors. Yesterday was a new one. After giving her some parsley, she acted as if she were choking. She did this for nearly an hour. It actually upset me, so I felt her neck and couldn't find any lump, even though it looked like she had a ball on the remaining position of her neck. Also, this morning she is just fine.Also, she does a nervous tick. She will do this for hours at a time!

She definitely did it more when I first got her and she was really nervous. She does it more in the evening and/or when something makes her nervous. She looks as though she is scratching her head/neck, but upon closer inspection she is not actually touching her foot to her head.Also here is a picture of typical mating displays.By the way, two years ago I had a vet and behaviorist come look at her because she was wheezing for an extensive period. He said that she looks very respectable and perhaps it was the accent of moving. She doesn't wheeze anymore and she may get only been copying a wheezing noise like Manzi did a while back.Lastly, here is a picture of the two:Here is a curious story:I asked the behaviorist about something Manzi always does when I am running on my laptop on the desk. I put Manzi on a chair adjacent to me while I go on my laptop. After a bit or so, Manzi gets bored and will start to the board and snack items, wanting attention. I put him backwards and remove the item. Even if I take everything, he will still bound to the board and so try biting my computer. The advice was that I should put him in a little cage next to me every sentence he jumps to the table and then later a few minutes, let him out and put him backwards on the lead and honor him for staying there, so he learns that he can either be in the cage, on the chairman or elsewhere, but not on the table.So as shortly as he left I put the method to work. I stuck Manzi on the president adjacent to me. Sure enough, within a few seconds Manzi was on the table. I put him in the little cage and he was pretty upset about it. After 3 minutes I let him out and put him backward on the chair. Within but a few seconds he was binding on the table. I right away put him support in the little cage. He was furious this time biting madly at it.I let him out a pair of minutes later. I praised him pretty quickly after being on the president for a few seconds because I didn't reckon he'd last long. Within 30 seconds he was back on the table. I put him in the cage again and he was madder than ever. After letting him second on the chair, he decided this was no fun and flew back to his cage to work with his toys there.

No comments:

Post a Comment