Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Little More Adele News.

No clock for a proper post, but I am thinking of you.Just stopping in at the end of an Xmasy weekend to send the new Adele video.You'll be hearing this strain on your radios long about February and you'll be capable to sing along already since you Heard IT Here FIRST.Oh, I just checked and really this is not the (rather overblown and overproduced) video that they notified me some three days ago - I think they're still seated on that - but the call is properly so make a listen).

f you need to see the very thing,here's a link. But really, who cares what the picture looks like?I realize it may be wearing to a couple stoppers-in who don't share my enthusiam for Adele for me to keep blatting on around her.So, here's my little apologia.***Caution*** Elevated Pretentiousness Levels Detected. (But If that concluding word didn't stop you it is probably good to proceed).First, Adele's songs and her voice a production of a real human being (as opposed to synthesizers, computers and a bunch of producers).I give a 12-year-old girl who keeps me right up to hasten with the iTunes top 10 - e.g. David Guetta ("tryin to get a way to identify this girl without bein' disprectful.Damn girl, you's a sexy chick."(David, it's poetry but I am not certain you achieved your goal); Far East Movement,"Feelin' so fly like Cheese Stick," I mean "G 6"). So, I listen to lots of what is new and like some of it, dislike lots of it, and know almost none of it.Adele sings for some of the same audience but without a touch of the instant that is the first requirement and last resort of so many of the modestly talented.More significant for me personally, is that at this point in her career she sings from a touch right in the beating heart of that state I (and a lot of us) used to occupy.You know, that land that's not for Old Men? (or middle-aged women). I don't need to go backwards to being 19 or 21, but once in awhile it's courteous to revisit the young, in one another's arms, birds in the trees - Those dying generations - at their call and be punctured by it all - at least for the duration of a song (or perhaps an album).Of class I have "21" on preorder and I'll assure you what I believe of it all once I get it. (Promise, until then I'll close up). Meanwhile, the low call is a winner - although the Alternate just informed me she doesn't like it - except for the beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment