Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New year, new man, new album for Adele

ADELE is leaving to make a huge 2011 and she's started it with a belt by bagging herself a new bloke.

Performing at a tiny gig on Tuesday night she called the mystery fella "the best Christmas present" and joked that she wants to get busy in the following 12 months.

She still added: "Oh no! Gordon Smart will save about that now."

You're not wrong.

It should help Adele get over her last relationship with musician SLINKY SUNBEAM, which she admits influenced her bluesy album 21, the follow-up to massive debut 19, out on January 24.

But the gobby gal says Slinky won't be acquiring a preview of the record.

On level at the 209-capacity Riverhead Theatre in Louth, Lincolnshire, she said: "My ex was my inspiration for the album, but never mind a complimentary copy, he can go and buy it."

Good on her.

The diva's new book was produced by PAUL EPWORTH - knob-twiddler for PLAN B and Florence AND THE MACHINE - and music industry legend RICK RUBIN, who has worked with huge names like METALLICA, RED HOT Chili PEPPERS, JOHNNY Cash and KANYE WEST.

When not recording in the US, London lass Adele has been holding her pass downwards in Tottenham. She said: "I've been rekindling all my relationships with all my friends, it's been very nice.

"On New Year's Eve I went to my friend's house party and thither were heaps of friends I hadn't seen for like ten days from my first secondary school.

"My nan and my friends came over for Christmas, and it got a bit emotional in the kitchen."

Adele has managed to continue down-to-earth through her success. She said: "I was glad I wasn't swallowed up by a ripple or anything after the inaugural album.

"Sometimes I see other artists and they get it very difficult to see someone and they give to pay for all their friends to go on tour with them, which I ain't doing."

It's well to sustain her back.

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment