Monday, January 31, 2011

Journey to Therese: Why I have Post about Survivor's Network of .

Why I have Post about Survivor's Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP)
Several people get told me that they are scandalized that I get a post suggesting people come forth and talk with David Clohessy of SNAP (Survivor's Network of those Abused by Priests). It is a place well taken. I looked and looked for a Catholic group that would affirm the maintenance and rights of the victims in clergy abuse cases and could fine none.

If you accept any Catholic alternative please do let me know. I actually had difficulty finding anyone, and consulted good priests about it and they said they did not love of any. The one priest who was kindly to me at first with this, told me after few emails that I required to go on and just forget Fr. Tom. That is terrible pastoral care. I was so immensely hurt, and I could hardly pray because of the betrayal and the ira I felt towards one whom I had trusted so greatly and who was merely playing my house and I for funds or whatsoever it was he was doing. I cannot report the annoyance we were suffering. I was really feeling physically ill because of it and I did not have any sexual abuse whatever. Very few in the Catholic world besides one very valiant journalist even wanted to see my story. I found David Clohessy of Shot to be a tremendous help. He was personally abused by a priest as a new boy, and he was real genial and respectful of my beliefs. He helped me greatly in overcoming the painful look of being alone, and helpless, and very fearful because of this betrayal by one whom I and others halt in such esteem. He told me that he has all kinds of Catholics as members of SNAP, those who are daily communicants and those on the former side who are into women priests and all the former things I am completely against.He said he refuses to open into those who try to force the group to be a movement for pushing married clergy etc and the like, and has lost members because they would not get on the bandwagon of special interest groups or groups pushing a certain agenda. They are actually there to be a living and service for victims of clergy abuse. I told David Clohessy that SNAP does not give a good name within most orthodox Catholic circles and he agreed that they required to do more not to ostracize people, as their foremost business is the existence there for those who are hurt and have no support when harmed by those in positions of power, clergy or otherwise. Please let me know if you know of a Catholic equivalent if you know of one. The usual advice of "be understood about the abuse, and good cover it to the Bishop" does not cut it when you are suffering so badly, and so alone. I did contact Fr. Tom's Bishop (Barbarito), but that did not avail me as a struggling human being. It did not serve my family. There was no pastoral care there for me. We did get a song from the Vicar General of the Bishopric after we threatened to go to the press, and he did ask what they could do for us and said he would sustain us in his prayers, but there necessarily to be more for those suffering from clergy abuse, because it is such a terrible abuse of power, and can be so detrimental to one's religious life. I thank God for David Clohessy's support and for the sound that God can get out of such an organization. Please God they will be brought to fullness of truth. Please read some time to understand the sound they get done for mass on their website HERE, there is a terrible number of it also that bad things you may have heard near them. Again, I'm certain the have all kinds of masses involved with all kinds of viewpoints there.

No comments:

Post a Comment