Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Adele's Father Talks About His Alcoholism

adele-father-speaks-about-alcoholism.jpg

Adele's father is speaking up around his strained relationship with his girl and his conflict with alcoholism.

Mark Evans admits he wasn't a dear mother to Adele as she was growing up and says that alcohol took over his life.

He says:

"I was an alcoholic and rotten dad to Adele. It tears me up inside.I was putting forth two litres of vodka and 7 or eight pints of Stella every day.

I drank like that for 3 years. God alone knows how I survived it. I was deeply ashamed of what I'd go and I knew the kindest thing I could do for Adele was to make sure she never saw me in that state."

Despite keeping still about his past, he says, "It's time I got it off my chest. I've never talked to anyone about it before, not yet my nearest friends."

He continues:

"I hit the bottle so strong that I am pretty much oblivious to anything that happened to me for 3 years.I was way, way below rock bottom by then. I think I made Oliver Reed look like a teetotaller.

I was in the darkest place you can imagine.I saw no way out. I didn't really care whether I lived or died.And all the sentence I thought, 'How can I do this to Adele?'_all I could do was drink and I'm so, so ashamed of myself for that. I was in so much sorrow that I couldn't see past myself and how I was feeling.

I was not there for my daughter when I should have been and I have regretted that every moment of every day to this moment now. It tears me up inside."

Mark also says that it's too dreadful to even listen to any of her music.

Adele says she hasn't spoken to her mother in years, however Mark says those are "lies" to protect him.He claims that she "forgave" him and that they talk on a steady basis now, adding:

"Adele still comes second to Wales to see us and I pop down to London every pair of months to receive her. The final time I saw her was nearly six weeks ago.We get on fantastically now so who knows, one of these years I might still feel the bravery to see one of her shows.

I am the proudest dad in the world. I believe she is awesome as a person, not merely as a performer."

This is terribly sad.We feel awful for Adele and we do really hope she is able of having a kinship with her dad today, despite what either of them say.

No comments:

Post a Comment