Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Adele's Father Talks About His Alcoholism : Celebrity Gossip News

adele-father-speaks-about-alcoholism.jpg

Adele`s father is speaking up around his strained relationship with his girl and his conflict with alcoholism.

Mark Evans admits he wasn`t a dear mother to Adele as she was growing up and says that alcohol took over his life.

He says:

"I was an alcoholic and rotten dad to Adele. It tears me up inside.I was putting forth two litres of vodka and 7 or eight pints of Stella every day.

I drank like that for 3 years. God alone knows how I survived it. I was deeply ashamed of what I`d go and I knew the kindest thing I could do for Adele was to make sure she never saw me in that state."

Despite keeping still about his past, he says, "It`s time I got it off my chest. I`ve never talked to anyone about it before, not yet my nearest friends."

He continues:

"I hit the bottle so strong that I am pretty much oblivious to anything that happened to me for 3 years.I was way, way below rock bottom by then. I think I made Oliver Reed look like a teetotaller.

I was in the darkest place you can imagine.I saw no way out. I didn`t really care whether I lived or died.And all the sentence I thought, `How can I do this to Adele?`_all I could do was drink and I`m so, so ashamed of myself for that. I was in so much sorrow that I couldn`t see past myself and how I was feeling.

I was not there for my daughter when I should have been and I have regretted that every moment of every day to this moment now. It tears me up inside."

Mark also says that it`s too dreadful to even listen to any of her music.

Adele says she hasn`t spoken to her mother in years, however Mark says those are "lies" to protect him.He claims that she "forgave" him and that they talk on a steady basis now, adding:

"Adele still comes second to Wales to see us and I pop down to London every pair of months to receive her. The final time I saw her was nearly six weeks ago.We get on fantastically now so who knows, one of these years I might still see the bravery to see one of her shows.

I am the proudest dad in the world. I believe she is awesome as a person, not merely as a performer."

This is terribly sad.We feel awful for Adele and we do really hope she is able of having a kinship with her dad today, despite what either of them say.

No comments:

Post a Comment